SOFRECO is organised into two operational divisions, which are subdivided into business units grouped by theme, each of which is in charge of a number of fields of expertise:
The Technical Division includes two business units:
- The Infrastructure, Industry, Mines and Energy business unit
- Engineering, Agribusiness, Chemicals and Fertilisers, Industry
- Energy, Infrastructure and Transport
- Private Sector Development
- The Sustainable Development business unit
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Environment and Natural Resource Management.
The Institutional Division also includes two business units:
- The Governance business unit
- Public Management
- The Human Development business unit
- Education, Vocational Training and Social Development
- The Training and Research Institute.
The field of health is under the responsibility of SOFRECO's subsidiary, Conseil Santé.
SOFRECO has an Administrative and Financial Division covering the following horizontal services:
- Administration and finance;
- Supplies and logistics;
- Internal and external human resource management.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists (engineers, agronomists, geologists, hydraulics engineers, economists, jurists, accountants, architects, educational specialists, project administrators, actuaries, specialists of transport, international trade, public finance, information systems, investment promotion, etc.).
Many of these experts are from countries where SOFRECO implements its assignments. They are often irreplaceable sources of knowledge regarding the environment in which SOFRECO's teams operate, but they can also be called on to intervene in countries other than their own when they have the appropriate expertise.
SOFRECO's head office staff
SOFRECO employs some hundred staff at head office, all of whom have proven expertise in international project management.
More than half are technical specialists (engineers, economists, jurists, human resource specialists, organisers, etc.) who manage project implementation and provide expert services. The others are contract managers or supervisory and support staff (IT specialists, logisticians). All are entirely familiar with the legal, financial and cultural specificities of working internationally in their specialised field.
All SOFRECO's head office staff speak, read and write fluently in English and French, but many other languages are also used, particularly Arabic, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbo-Croat and Spanish.