|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Chemicals and fertilisers
Although it has sometimes been excessive, the use of fertiliser is an irreplaceable way of increasing agricultural yields, and thus of contributing to improving food supply, particularly for the poor farming populations of developing countries. The production units are increasingly set up in countries close to sources of raw materials, essentially gas for ammonia and nitrogeneous fertilisers, and phosphate mines for phosphatic fertilisers.
SOFRECO is specialised in the manufacturing of both basic products and intermediates used in the production of nitrogenous and phosphatic fertilisers, and, more generally, of the main basic products and intermediates used in the chemical industry:
- Ammonia, urea, methanol and acids (nitric, sulfuric, phosphoric);
- Synthesis gas;
- Phosphates and derivatives (SSP, TSP, etc.);
- Ammonium nitrate and compound and mixed fertilisers;
- Humifert process for the valorisation of phosphates in mini-plants;
- Pig manure treatment.
SOFRECO provides the full range of services in these fields:
Engineering and project management
- Project studies: project identification, market analyses, preliminary design, and technical and economic feasibility studies;
- Process and basic engineering studies, equipment purchase and inspection, construction site supervision, industrial unit start-up, and cost planning and control;
- Project implementation and supervision of contractors.
- Technical audits and advisory services;
- Strategic planning;
- Enterprise restructuring and privatisation;
- Management and human resource audits and capacity building;
- Industry and sector studies;
- Institutional strengthening.
Industrial plant management;